Monday 8 August 2011

melancholy memories

I  thought i might share with you a poem and a painting about my late mother.
I wrote the poem first to describe the sadness of losing her throughout my life
from the begining.

Gone

You are gone for the last time to sleep amongst beautiful stars
I often look up to search for you there, I never get used to your loss
Countless the times you were gone from my life
the begining the middle and now
it never got easy to lose you again, for me your throw away child
I imagine I just got lucky, or was it you
when they brought me back into your world
to place me in your deserting arms, they felt stiff, strange and unsure
you knew it and I felt it, we werent ready for the moment
but struggled through an aching existence
with you not knowing how to love me
whilst I sensed you not knowing
but this was how it was for all of our lives
until you left for the very last time




The painting of the little sailing boat is called 'lost'. It is a honest depiction of the turbulance we all experience at some time of our lives. I drew great comfort painting this one for at times my emotions were impossible to put into words.

No comments:

Post a Comment