Sunday 7 August 2011

first thoughts

It has never ceased to amaze me how life's stuff comes up at us from nowhere, sometimes knocking us off our feet. At times like this,we all have our individual way of expressing how that makes us feel. For me, my art and poetry have been and continue to be,a brilliant focal point for this, pulling me through the quagmire as i furiously paint or write. I am at the stage where i would like to share my work with you. Perhaps it will be a source of comfort and inspiration.

The picture below 'Cinderella' is painted with acrylic using bright colours as an expression of mood. I like to use strong colours with my paintings to articulate how I feel.

The next picture "Who's at Home" is painted using a similar method with colour and texture; the little girl feels a sense of foreboding as she sees the figure behind the door.


Just a couple of weeks ago,my husband and i went to Tuscany for ten days staying in a gorgeous B&B.

I can honestly say that it was one of the happiest holidays we,ve had in a very long time. The hosts were just so friendly warm and welcoming,with nothing ever too much bother.If you are looking for a relaxing place to get away from it all and enjoy vegetarian cuisine take a look at this link



No comments:

Post a Comment